Thursday, June 14, 2012

Surrender

“Rather than letting our negativity get the better of us, we
could acknowledge that right now we feel like a piece of shit and not be squeamish about taking a good look.”
Pema Chödrön

  Recently I've been dealing with these old memories popping up and taunting me. Ignoring them didn't work, justifying them didn't work and neither did trying to forget them. So I, (with some help) have come to the conclusion that sitting with these feelings and accepting them will allow me to be okay with them. Nothing I do now will change what happened 2-3 years ago. If something happens that challenges our strength or judgment, how we come out of it will likely affect if it reoccurs or if we grow from it. As Pema says, if we are to afraid to look at what is bothering us, negativity and fear will take over. After taking this thought into consideration, my feelings about these memories have been more welcoming. If these situations did not occur I would still be at risk for making the same mistakes. The fact that I have learned from the decisions I've made is a significant achievement in itself. My next step is accepting them for what they are and to continue to shape my life to the form that I want. 

xoxo
Julie

0 comments:

Post a Comment